Thursday 9 July 2009

The cupcaketress warms up!

Cake decorating has always been a dream for me. I love cake. Well who doesn't? More importantly I love decorating, embellishing and make things look to good to eat.

Why have I taken up cake blogging? Well....

It all began a couple of months back. With the cupcake bake-off at work. One of my colleagues was leaving to go overseas and I decided to bake some cupcakes. I did them the night before, banana cupcakes with yellow sprinkles, vanilla raspberry cupcakes with pink frosting and marshmallows and chocolate cupcakes with sprinkles. One of my other colleagues made perfectly iced vanilla cupcakes. PERFECTLY ICED.

So I enrolled in a cake decorating course. My first cupcakes are documented here:






They were vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and a layer of fondant. Not so bad for attempt 1.

But there is something lacking in vanilla cupcakes. I like flavour. In fact I love flavour.

So next came the double-choc raspberry cupcakes:






The ones with the brown tops are iced with chocolate fondant as well as the decorations.

This week however, I was inspired by autumn leaves and have created these beauties.





These were a vanilla and chocolate marble base covered with fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment